Monday, February 25, 2008

Office Drinking

So on Friday I went out with a bunch of people from work. It was a lot of fun, and I’m really glad that I went. Because everyone in my office has such different tasks, it is hard to find time to interact during the day, and you don’t really get to know people that well. One of the other EAs organized everyone to go out for drinks. Everyone kind of went with the mentality that if it was terrible, they could just bail after one drink.

However, everyone ended up having an awesome time, and hanging out for a while. We all agreed that we have to make it, if not a weekly, then definitely a semi-monthly thing. Which will be cool, because it seems like a lot of the people I work with could be a lot of fun.

BUT. One kid got a little too drunk for the first office drinking function. E. and I were talking about how we need to find some people to date, and he was like “well, what’s the matter with dating someone from the office” wink, wink, inappropriate placement of arm around waist. Eek. He is nice enough, but really. That was the first time we have ever hung out. And while I am all for random making out in bars (obviously) I am not so much for random making out with SOMEONE YOU WORK WITH. That is not cool. And has the potential to be pretty awkward.

So I just kind of laughed it off, but still, a little weird. And once everyone started going off their own way, M. and I were going to get something to eat. We had not planned for food in the outing, which could have contributed to the general drunken feeling. And this boy was like “oh, I’m hungry, I’ll come”. And we couldn’t really say no. That would be mean. And while he was drunk, he is still a nice kid. And we do have to work with him.

So M. and I and the boy went off, and omg. He was being a little touchy and wayyyy drunk. And he started telling us about how he hates his roommate, and doesn’t have that many friends. And yes, I felt bad, because I know its hard to make friends. But getting drunk and creeping people out doesn’t really make them want to be friends with you. And then we decided to call it a night, even though he kept trying to get us to go out more with him. So then! He told us that he was just going to go drink alone. Oh boy. Not good.

So I eventually make it home, and around 2:30 (yup, that would be a.m.) my phone rings. And its him. I did not answer. I did text M. to see if she had gotten a phone call (she had not).

Oh my goodness. And I just passed him in the hallway, hence the reason for this post.

And my bosses are both gone all week. Expect many posts.

No comments: