Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I just wanted to go home!

So this happened yesterday:


Which was awesome. And of course, it had to collapse right before the nighttime commute. Luckily, no one was hurt. But omg, getting home was a complete nightmare. They were only running limited trains, so they would combine three or four trains onto one. And these are trains that are usually jammed packed to begin with.

Every available spot was taken. I have never stood so close to people that I did not know before. I have been on rush hour subways that were less crowded than this train. I think my elbow was in some man’s ribs (sorry sir!) for the majority of the ride home.

And my nice little 20 minute train ride? Yea. Hello 2 and a half hours later. The trains INCHED our of grand central. I probably could have pushed the train faster than it was moving. I guess the fear was that the rumble of the trains would cause more of the building to collapse (on the tracks!!) so the only other alternative was to run one train on the track furthest away at turtle like speed.

Thank you, metro north, for ensuring that I didn’t get crushed by falling building! But for a rainy Tuesday night, this was not fun. Why can’t this stuff happen in the morning, so I can be late GOING to work, not coming home.

Oh, and there is a cat stuck in the ceiling above my office. Good times.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm sorry but this is just insane. Collapses? Cats in ceilings? I've just discovered your blog but I am already FASCINATED.